WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN BC WOOD?
Over the past year BC Wood has become an expert in identifying and delivering virtual market development events that generate real value to our members. Many of these new events we organized ourselves. As a result, with the start of a new year, we can offer our members an effective and cost-efficient combination of virtual, hybrid, and in-person events. As the coming year progresses, we expect that increasingly these events will be conducted in-person or as hybrid events.
Become a BC Wood Member for Additional Benefits
NEW Multi-Year Membership Activity Bank – a significant source of value and a major change in our offering
To recognize a long-term commitment from members to BC Wood, a contribution will be made to a member’s “Activity Bank”. Your multi-year commitment will position you to grow as the world re-opens over the next few years. Your multi-year membership gives you discounts you can access when you want to participate in tradeshows and events – virtual or live!
NEW North America Based Membership Option
BC Wood is well known for our activities in markets that are often the first step for many companies to exporting. As the US and Mexico remain our closest and major trading partners, these are the countries we generally recommend first to new exporters. Given that, the BC Wood Board has recommended we offer a North American Membership Level, as the easiest to penetrate and most likely to garner early success for new exporters.
DOMESTIC BC WOOD MEMBER (Canadian Trade Events Only):
- $1,350 + GST – One Year Membership
- $2,700 + GST – Two Year (Activity Bank Credit $270)
- $4,050 + GST – Three Year (Activity Bank Credit $810)
NORTH AMERICA BC WOOD MEMBER
- $2,440 + GST – One Year Membership
- $4,880 + GST – Two Year (Activity Bank Credit $488)
- $7,320 + GST – Three Year (Activity Bank Credit $1,464)
INTERNATIONAL BC WOOD MEMBER:
- $2,640 + GST – One Year Membership
- $5,280 + GST – Two Year (Activity Bank Credit $528)
- $7,920 + GST – Three Year (Activity Bank Credit $1,584)
Contributions held in an Activity Bank can be used to offset the fees charged to members participating in BC Wood’s approved Canadian and International market development events. Ask us more about our multi-year membership activity bank!
BC WOOD’s NEW PROGRAMMING COMBINES THE BEST OF VIRTUAL, IN-PERSON AND HYBRID PLATFORMS
- Access to the best virtual business matching-making programing in the industry.
- A full slate of cost-shared in-person trade events ready to go as COVID-19 restrictions ease.
- The most actionable list of client contacts in Canada, the USA, and East Asia.
- Quality educational programming tailored specifically for the value-added industry.
- Your voice on access to fibre issues.
|1. Virtual and in-person Trade Events||Cost-saving participation in Canadian, US and international trade events and missions|
|2. Global Buyers Mission||Sector-based pre-scheduled B2B meetings with buyers from around the world|
|3. Industry Networking||Meet other industry participants who could be potential customers or suppliers|
|4. Match-making meetings with potential customers||Connect with local and international buyers through Building Connections events and the WoodTALKS Studio|
|5. Connect with specifiers in BC and the US||Present AIBC, AAA, AIA, and IDCEC accredited seminars to architects, interior designers, and builders who need to learn about your product and specify it|
|6. Current Market Intelligence||Increase your knowledge and ability to sell your products based on up-to-date market intelligence provided by BC Wood staff|
|7. Assessment of your business||Assessments on your business & marketing efforts with recommendations for improvement your business practices|
|8. Guides and introductions to other sources of funding||BC Wood can act as your bridge to other government and industry programs throughout the year, that provide training and funding assistance for market and business development|
|9. Support for members at BC Wood tradeshows||BC Wood staff will support your business interests by representing you at BC Wood’s market development activities|
Savings on your Trade Event Investments
Virtual B2B Meetings with Buyers/Specifiers:
- BC Wood will coordinate B2B Zoom based meetings with buyers/ specifiers in domestic and international markets
- Interpreters supplied whenever required for virtual connections
VALUABLE ADDITIONAL BENEFITS FOR BC WOOD MEMBERS, ONCE INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL RESUMES INCLUDING:
- Pre-set B2B meetings with buyers/specifiers during on-site mission programs
- Interpreters supplied when required
- Transportation to meetings during trade mission
WHEN YOU PARTICIPATE IN A BC WOOD SUPPORTED TRADE EVENT, WE CAN HELP YOU WITH JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING, INCLUDING:
- Booking exhibit space in a preferred location
- Fixtures, carpets, electrical, and rentals
- Language assistance and interpreters
- Business seminars and networking events
- Production of shared promotional materials
- Pre-show promotion to targeted buyers
Value to Members Program
In reviewing our many ways to add-value to our BC Wood membership, the most productive is in finding ways for our members to save money on services that they need and can really use. With the buying power of a “group”, we have been negotiating with a number of service providers including our Associate Members and now have significant “added-value” propositions to offer BC Wood members. We are going beyond just being the “tradeshow guys” and forming alliances with services that our members need to help their business grow, while saving on expenses. All our Value to Members service providers are important links in the business chain.
BC Wood’s programs are open to all value-added wood product manufacturers in British Columbia. By participating with BC Wood, you will be adding our staff of business development experts to your sales and marketing team. If you are ready to grow, call BC Wood at 604-882-7100 or 1-877-4BC-WOOD for more information on our programming.
If you have any questions regarding the new Value to Members Program, please contact our office. We are your Association and our commitment is to help you grow your business, profitably.